1/2 Photos of Lucky Irish Twice-Baked Potato
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Irish because it has green avocado chopped and gently mixed into the potato, along withsour cream and cheese, topped with guacamole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1 cup grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions or 1/2 cup chives
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, cut in chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Bake whole potatoes in preheated 450*F. oven for about one hour; take potatoes out and reduce oven temperature to 350*F.
- 2Let potatoes rest for 5 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out potato flesh into a large bowl. Reserve potato jackets.
- 3Add butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese to potato in bowl, and whip until creamy with an electric hand mixer.
- 4Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
- 5Gently stir in scallions and avocado pieces. Spoon mixture into halved potato jackets, and bake in 350*F. oven for 20 minutes.
- 6Top each potato half with a heaping spoonful of guacamole to serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lucky Irish Twice-Baked Potato
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.3
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 527.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g