Cook1 hr 20 mins
Irish because it has green avocado chopped and gently mixed into the potato, along withsour cream and cheese, topped with guacamole!
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1 cup grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallions or 1⁄2 cup chives
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, cut in chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bake whole potatoes in preheated 450*F. oven for about one hour; take potatoes out and reduce oven temperature to 350*F.
- Let potatoes rest for 5 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out potato flesh into a large bowl. Reserve potato jackets.
- Add butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese to potato in bowl, and whip until creamy with an electric hand mixer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in scallions and avocado pieces. Spoon mixture into halved potato jackets, and bake in 350*F. oven for 20 minutes.
- Top each potato half with a heaping spoonful of guacamole to serve. Enjoy!