Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Novel and nutritious way of feeding your kids lunch at school.
Make and share this Lunch on a Stick for Kids recipe from Food.com.
For the turkey and cheese skewer
- 2 turkey slices, rolled and cut into 1in rolls
- 1 piece cheddar cheese, cut in 1/2in cubes
- 1 piece cucumber, chopped into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 wooden skewer
For the fruit kebab
- 2 strawberries, halved
- 1⁄2 peach, chopped
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- 1⁄2 apple, chopped
- 2 dried apricots, chopped
- Thread your chosen foods onto a skewer until full, leaving just enough room at each end to hold it.
Instead of skewers use drinking straws...they're safer & come out great!
i did this on a smaller scale )with toothpicks and my kids thought it was the greatest thing. They even ate mango which they would have turned their little noses up at under any other circumstances
Also not a review...check with your school lunch program. I sent my child to school with a skewer/kabob, and no one complained.