Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my adaptation of a recipe I found from Campbell's soup years ago. I have the directions for cooking in the oven listed but my new favorite way to make this is to cook it in my crockpot. I put it on high for 4 hours, this is especially handy during the holidays when the oven is occupied by other things.
- 1 (12 ounce) baglarge elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated (divided into 3/4 pound and 1/4 pound portions)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 6 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Boil noodles 8-10 minutes, drain and rinse well. Combine soups and the 3/4 pound of cheese in a large ovenproof casserole dish, add mustard.
- Add the cooked noodles and stir to combine well. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and top with the bread crumbs mixed with the melted butter.
- Bake at 375 degree farenheit oven for 20-30 minutes.
Very good mac and cheese! The cheddar cheese soup gives this a nice zest and next time I think we will try nacho cheese soup for even more flavor. This was easy to make and our mac and cheese lovers gave it a thumbs up! Made for Fall PAC '08. Thanks for lunch!