Everyone loved this mac n' cheese and only 5 points/serving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray (Pam)
- 12 ounces pasta (I used whole wheat elbows)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (I used packaged panko crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (I used Kraft 2% colby)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 2 - quart baking dish with Pam (I used a 10 x 13 pan).
- 3Cook pasta in boiling salted water (using the 1/8 teaspoon salt) according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and return broccoli and pasta to pot.
- 4In another large saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and add bread crumbs, stirring often or until golden (2 minutes). Remove from heat and transfer crumbs to a small bowl stirring in 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Set aside.
- 5In the same saucepan over medium high heat whisk together the milk and flour until blended and then add in the onion. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened (2-5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- 6Whisk in the cheese (cheddar and remaining Parmesan) and the rest of the ingredients (mustard - pepper).
- 7Pour pasta and broccoli into prepared pan and cover with cheese sauce; toss to coat.
- 8Sprinkle with prepared crumbs.
- 9Bake for 20-30 minutes or until it is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac N' Cheese With Broccoli (Ww)
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 678.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 14.6 g