Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Who doesn't like cheese and pie? Well, this recipe is one of my favorites made by my mother growing-up. I'm interested to see what 'zaar says the calorie intake is!
- 1 pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, half for pie shell and half for the topping
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, for sauce (additional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- wax paper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix 1/4 cup of cheddar into pastry and shape pastry into a ball and roll out between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Place this into a 9-inch pie plate, prick bottom with fork.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove from oven and let stand until you are finished the sauce mixture.
- Reduce oven to 350°F.
- Cook elbow macaroni.
- Prepare cheese sauce by combining butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper, parmesan, cream cheese and 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Cook in sauce pan over medium heat until all ingredients are combined.
- Add cooked noodles to cheese sauce mixture and pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar onto top of pie.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F 10-15 minutes.
Very Tasty. If you love Lots and Lots of Cheese, this is your dish!