Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Who doesn't like cheese and pie? Well, this recipe is one of my favorites made by my mother growing-up. I'm interested to see what 'zaar says the calorie intake is!
- 1 pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, half for pie shell and half for the topping
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, for sauce (additional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- wax paper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix 1/4 cup of cheddar into pastry and shape pastry into a ball and roll out between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Place this into a 9-inch pie plate, prick bottom with fork.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove from oven and let stand until you are finished the sauce mixture.
- Reduce oven to 350°F.
- Cook elbow macaroni.
- Prepare cheese sauce by combining butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper, parmesan, cream cheese and 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Cook in sauce pan over medium heat until all ingredients are combined.
- Add cooked noodles to cheese sauce mixture and pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar onto top of pie.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F 10-15 minutes.