Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can fix this soup in a short amount of time.
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded wisconsin cheddar cheese
- Bring chicken broth to boil in 2 quart saucepan.
- Add macaroni and carrots and simmer 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Saute onion in butter in 3 quart saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and blend in flour.
- Gradually add milk and stir in macaroni mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
I've never had mac and cheese soup. It's a very tasty and filling soup. This was easy to make and it tastes pretty much like mac and cheese! I did add about 1/2 t salt. Other than that, made as stated. Thanks for sharing!
Made this for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap. We eat mac'n chz once a week from a box. Wanted to try this for a healthier version. I used 16 oz homemade broth, chopped carrots and a couple blanched cabbage leaves (leftover from a steam recipe) in the food processor, and used sharp cheddar cheese. I also added salt and pepper. It needed a little more salt, but it was so good! Warm and comforting. Will make again!