1/1 Photo of Macaroni and Cheese With Vegetables
Great dish, that can be used as a side, or even as a main dish. Give it a try. I adopted this recipe in the recipe adoption and I sure am glad that I did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Grated
- 1 cup mushroom, Sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, Chopped
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil; cook pasta until al dente.
- 2While pasta is cooking, in med saucepan, melt 2 T of the margarine.
- 3Remove from heat; add flour and stir until blended.
- 4Whisk in stock and milk, stirring over med heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- 5Reduce heat to low.
- 6Stir in cheeses and seasonings.
- 7Continue stirring until cheese is melted.
- 8Remove from heat and set aside.
- 9In a large skillet, melt remaining 1 T margarine.
- 10Add remaining ingredients.
- 11Cook vegetables, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes, until tender/crisp.
- 12Reduce heat to low.
- 13When noodles are done, drain well.
- 14Toss with vegetables; stir in cheese sauce.
- 15Garnish with scallion curls.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 284.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: