I went to Magelby's restaurant 6 years ago and had theses rolls. Well I searched high and low and finally found the recipe only to find they started with Rhodes roll dough! I have always been pretty fanatic about making my own rolls from scratch but I wanted these so bad--turns out NO one can tell they aren't from scratch! You can use fresh or dried parmesan cheese, I believe the restaurant used the dried, but my husband prefers fresh grated--both ways are excellent!
- Spray a large baking sheet.
- Mix cheese, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Roll frozen dough balls in melted butter and then in cheese mixture being careful to coat completely.
- Place on cookie sheet allowing plenty of room for rolls to raise.
- Spray a piece of Saran wrap and place sprayed side down on rolls.
- Allow to rise at least 3 hrs in a warm place.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake in preheated 375°F oven for 15 minutes (I have had to bake longer and so to prevent your cheese from turning to brown, you might wish to lower the temp to 350°F and bake a little longer).