Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I found this easy tapa dish on the internet. It's tasty and will disappear in moments! They are the perfect size for your guests to handle for an appetizer or at a wine and cheese party. Enjoy!
- 1 whole grain baguette, cut into 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch slices
- 1⁄4 lb serrano ham, sliced thin and to fit the baguette slices
- 8 ounces manchego cheese, sliced thin and slightly smaller than the ham
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (approximate)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Saute garlic in olive oil until lightly browned. Discard garlic if you like.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush slices with olive oil.
- Assemble crostini, with ham first then cheese. Cook under broiler until until cheese is melted and ham is warm. Watch carefully!
Just loved these crostini, Nif! Easy to throw together and so tasty - DS, who turns his nose up at such things (picky eater), went shopping for 'world tour' ingredients with me, so when these were prepared as a 'light' lunch for DH and I, DS asked if he could have some 'world tour' food, too. And them came back twice more...Shocked, is right! Thanks so much for sharing a great , Nif!
These are great - and definitely easy! It's amazing that just a few basic ingredients can come together into something so delicious. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
Very nice appetizer! The garlic oil is so good. Really quick to put together. The whole family enjoyed these! I will definitely make these again! Made for ZWT5.