I find this the perfect combination of swiss cheeses for an elegant dinner that tastes better (and is significantly less expensive) than the melting pot. It's easier than you might think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard or set aside garlic. Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat. (You may as well enjoy a glass at this time.).
- 2Mix cornstarch with shredded cheese and gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly in a zig zag pattern (rather than circular motion) until cheese is melted and creamy. Don't let the cheese boil if you can help it.
- 3If the fondue is still lumpy after the cheese melts, adding a few drops of lemon juice will help.
- 4Bring fondue to simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 5Transfer to fondue pot. Good dipping options are bread cubes, potatoes, broccoli, or apple slices.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandy's Raclette Gruyere Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 885.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: