Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I find this the perfect combination of swiss cheeses for an elegant dinner that tastes better (and is significantly less expensive) than the melting pot. It's easier than you might think!
- Rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard or set aside garlic. Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat. (You may as well enjoy a glass at this time.).
- Mix cornstarch with shredded cheese and gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly in a zig zag pattern (rather than circular motion) until cheese is melted and creamy. Don't let the cheese boil if you can help it.
- If the fondue is still lumpy after the cheese melts, adding a few drops of lemon juice will help.
- Bring fondue to simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to fondue pot. Good dipping options are bread cubes, potatoes, broccoli, or apple slices.
So simple yet delicious!