1/1 Photo of Manicotti, Sausage & Cheese
1 hr 20 mins
One of my favorites recipes--a rich combination of sausage and three cheeses stuffed into manicotti shells! And it's not too difficult!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, browned
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) box manicotti
- 2 (20 ounce) cans hunts or del monte spaghetti sauce (one "Garden Vegetable", one "Traditional" flavor)
- 12 ounces water (or 1/2 large can above)
- 1Brown sausage, cool slightly.
- 2Mix cheeses, sausage, olives, onions in large bowl.
- 3Stuff hard manicotti shells with above mixture (do not cook shells first or they will be near impossible to stuff).
- 4Place stuffed shells in 9x13 Pyrex/glass baking dish.
- 5Spread remaining sausage/cheese mixture over shells.
- 6Pour spaghetti sauce over top. You may only need 1 1/2 cans of sauce depending on the pan size.
- 7Pour 1/2 can water along sides.
- 8Cover and refrigerate over night--this wait period will help the shells soak up water and get stoft.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Manicotti, Sausage & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 885.3
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 2241.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 44.5 g