This is a great way of using up leftover or offcuts of puff pastry, and it's so simple. You can substitute peanut butter for the marmite if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425/Gas 7. Line baking sheet with non stick paper.
- Roll out the pastry to about 14x10 inches.
- Spread the Marmite on the pastry, leaving a 1cm border. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle cheese over Marmite.
- Roll up the pastry like a Swiss roll, starting from the long edge. Roll it quite tightly. Brush the outside of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Cut roll into thick slices and place on baking sheet.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until pastry is risen and golden.
- Serve warm or cold.