Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great way of using up leftover or offcuts of puff pastry, and it's so simple. You can substitute peanut butter for the marmite if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425/Gas 7. Line baking sheet with non stick paper.
- Roll out the pastry to about 14x10 inches.
- Spread the Marmite on the pastry, leaving a 1cm border. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle cheese over Marmite.
- Roll up the pastry like a Swiss roll, starting from the long edge. Roll it quite tightly. Brush the outside of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Cut roll into thick slices and place on baking sheet.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until pastry is risen and golden.
- Serve warm or cold.
Thank you for sharing this great recipe, Noo! I was the happy recipient of some marmite in one of my previous Zaar swaps & so, in that respect, this recipe was made to order for me! I did use a sharp cheddar cheese & the combo of that with the marmite was wonderful! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
Like Pat, I used Vegemite and tasty cheese - a cheese I classify as cooking cheese. And it is very tasty as just that. Several of us enjoyed these fresh from the oven as a mid-afternoon snack. Unsophisticated everyday food at its best! Kids would LOVE these. Well, kids of all ages, I suspect! And I'll be enjoying some of the remaining ones - at room temperature - for take-to-work mid-morning snacks early in the week, if there are any left. Great recipe, Noo! Thank you for sharing it. Made for 1-2-3-4 Hit Wonders!
Took these to the DS's adult music recreation group were they were devoured. I used vegemite and tasty cheddar and baked at 200C fan forced oven for 15 minutes. Also our pastry sheets come prerolled about 10" x 10", so used 2 sheets and up the cheese to 3 ounces and got 12 per sheet, a total of 24. Thank you Noo, made for Newest ZAAR Stars Tag.