1/5 Photos of Marmite and Cheese Whirls
This is a great way of using up leftover or offcuts of puff pastry, and it's so simple. You can substitute peanut butter for the marmite if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425/Gas 7. Line baking sheet with non stick paper.
- 2Roll out the pastry to about 14x10 inches.
- 3Spread the Marmite on the pastry, leaving a 1cm border. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle cheese over Marmite.
- 4Roll up the pastry like a Swiss roll, starting from the long edge. Roll it quite tightly. Brush the outside of the pastry with beaten egg.
- 5Cut roll into thick slices and place on baking sheet.
- 6Cook for 12-15 minutes until pastry is risen and golden.
- 7Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmite and Cheese Whirls
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 44.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red leicester cheese