1/1 Photo of Meatloaf Enchilada Casserole
I love meatloaf, and tend to make large ones to ensure that there will be leftovers (nothing is better the next day than a cold meatloaf sandwich!). But sometimes I end up with half of a 3-pound meatloaf and nobody wants sandwiches, so here's what I make to use it in a tasty, fast, and easy way... Note: there is no salt added to the recipe because the salt that's contained in the tortilla chips and meatloaf, but you'll need to judge that for yourself; this one can easily get too salty if you're not careful. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 large cooked meatloaf
- 3 cups roughly crushed tortilla chips (don't make them too fine)
- 1 can of your favorite chili with beans (or 1.5 cups homemade)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (or 4 Tbsp freshly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Break the cooked meatloaf into bite-size pieces.
- 3Crush the tortilla chips into approximately 1/2-inch pieces and line the bottom of a lightly-greased high-sided casserole dish with half of the chips.
- 4Place the meatloaf on top of the chips, sprinkle with onion, cumin, and cayenne, half of the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses (mixing them together works well), then spread the chili over.
- 5Top with remaining chips, then evenly pour over the enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 6Bake at 350 for 20 minutes covered (or longer, depending on your oven), then 5-10 minutes uncovered until cheese is browned to preference, or microwave for 7 minutes covered and bake for 10 minutes uncovered.
- 7Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
- 8Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.0
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 961.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili with beans