I got this off the back of some store-brand fettucine noodles and gave it a try. Dh said to make sure I kept the recipe! It is very rich and I usually decrease the salt and dried basil to help that a bit, and I thinned it down just a bit with milk, but otherwise it's a fancy-looking dish with very little effort.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 12 ounces medium shrimp (uncooked, peeled, & deveined)
- Combine sour cream, feta, red pepper, salt, garlic, and basil.
- Set aside.
- Cook fettucine according to pkg directions, but after first 8 minutes, add spinach and shrimp to boiling water/pasta.
- Boil 2 more minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Add hot pasta/shrimp mixture to sour cream mixture; toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.