Sandy in Houston's Note:
Very easy recipe to prepare with kiddos. Nothing like the happy gleam in their eye when you compliment their excellent cooking skills.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (1 ounce) packages mozzarella string cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce or 1 cup pizza sauce, for serving
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Unwrap the string cheese sticks and cut them in half crosswise. Open or unroll the bread-stick dough and separate it into 12 rectangles. Coil a rectangle of bread-stick dough around a piece of cheese stick as if you were wrapping it with yarn. Completely cover the cheese, tucking the dough ends under and pinching them to seal closed. Repeat with the remaining dough and cheese. Place the dough-covered cheese on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3Bake the mini calzones until they are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove them from the baking sheet and serve at once with a bowl of marinara or pizza sauce for dunking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Cheese Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 351.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated breadstick dough