A delicious cheese dip to serve with nachos.
Make and share this Mitch's Cheese Dip recipe from Food.com.
- Brown the beef in a large pan.
- Salt & pepper to taste & add seasoning salt.
- Drain the beef, place on a plate & set aside to be used later.
- Cut the Velveeta into chunks & add it to the pan, stir until melted.
- Add the beef back in; stir in salsa, sour cream & shredded cheese until well blended.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Mitch has a hit on his hands! (You too, Silly Grrl :-) ) I made this, as directed, adding 16 oz. of HOT picante sauce, as a personal preference. I also used a sprinkling of cumin and chili powder, in addition to the S & P and seasoning salt. This would be terrific for a large gathering of folks, but, we will muddle through the amount in a couple of days! Thanks for sharing, Silly Grrl! Made for PAC Spring 2010 - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This dip was a huge hit at my nephew's birthday party! I doubled the recipe and made one minor change. Instead of seasoning the meat as directed, I used one packet of taco seasoning for 2 lbs. of ground sirloin. I made it the day before and warmed it in a crockpot for the party. Word quickly spread..."You have to try the dip! It's so good!!!" I think that means it was a success. ;) Thanks for sharing! *Made for Fall PAC 2009**
I have made endless versions of this dip over the years, but this is the first time to stir in sour cream. It does add a creaminess to the finished dip that was welcome & new. I used Fresh Salsa for the salsa. Made for Fall '09 Pick A Chef.