1/10 Photos of Mixed Courgette and Cherry Tomato Clafouti With Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
French Tart's Note:
I often make sweet clafouti, especially with cherries; but recently, I ate a savoury one in a restaurant - it was delicious! Much lighter than a gratin and a wonderful, colourful recipe idea for a vegetable accompaniment OR a light lunch or starter. This is the version I invented using yellow & green courgettes with little cherry tomatoes. I used grated parmesan cheese and it worked perfectly! I made this in a 30cm/12" long oval earthenware French Tian; any attractive oven to table baking dish would be suitable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 yellow courgette, sliced
- 1 green courgette, sliced
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25 g butter (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche or 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 100 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 25 g self raising flour
- 50 -75 g grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- 2Wash and wipe the courgettes - cut into medium sized slices, about half a centimeter or 1/4".
- 3Cut the cherry tomatoes into half - if they are very small, leave them whole.
- 4Cut up the butter into small pieces and scatter over the base of the baking dish.(if you are watching your fat content - you can leave the butter out.).
- 5Add the crushed garlic; scatter over the top of the butter.
- 6Arrange the courgettes and cherry tomatoes in an attractive pattern, trying to keep the colours separate!
- 7Add the creme fraiche & milk to the beaten eggs; mix well.
- 8Sift the self raising flour into the egg mixture; stir in well.
- 9Add half of the parmesan cheese, salt and freshly ground black pepper; mix well.
- 10Pour over the top of the vegetables, making sure all the spaces are filled in with the custard/batter mix.
- 11Scatter the remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- 12Cook in a pre-heated oven for between 45 - 60 minutes, or until the clafouti has risen, is firm to the touch and it is golden brown on top.
- 13Serve as a vegetable accompaniment, for 4 people or with salad and crusty bread as a light lunch, for 2 people.
- 14Individual ones would make an attractive starter - adjust the cooking time down by about 10 minutes; serve in individual baking dish with a side salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Courgette and Cherry Tomato Clafouti With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 266.8 mg
- Sodium 507.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 22.8 g