1/6 Photos of Mmmm Muffins - Cheese, Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
A delightful savoury muffin that makes a great snack for morning/afternoon tea or a take-and-go breakfast on the run. Please use a firm style feta cheese for this recipe. Serve warm. Recipe makes 10-12 muffins.This recipe was an entry in the RSC#11 comp. You can add more feta cheese if you wish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces firm feta cheese, chopped into smallish cubes (75 grams)
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup canola oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 7 ounces fresh spinach leaves, can use baby spinach leaves (200 grams)
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C) if using fan-forced oven or 420°F(215°C) if not using a fan-forced oven.
- 2Spray a 12 muffin tray with cooking oil or grease with butter (ensure thoroughly coated). Can use paper cases to line instead of spray or butter if you wish.
- 3Combine the flour, baking powder and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with a balloon whisk.
- 4In another mixing bowl or a large jug - whisk the eggs, milk and oil together. Stir through the chopped spinach and the sliced sun-dried tomatoes. Gentley stir in the crumbled fetta and the finely grated asiago (or parmesan) cheeses.
- 5Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold together gently -until just mixed. Do not overbeat or you will end up with 'heavy' muffins.
- 6Spoon into the greased or paper-lined muffin pans.
- 7Bake approx 15 - 25 minutes, until well risen and golden. Allow the muffins to cool in the pans for 5 minutes. Serve warm or reheat later.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mmmm Muffins - Cheese, Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 345.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: