Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a super simple and delicious nacho dip recipe made in your crockpot. Everyone simply LOVES this when we take it to gatherings. We got this recipe out of a Fix it and Forget it cookbook.
- 1 lb ground beef (or venison)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 pint taco sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (or try jalapeno refried beans for a kick)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- Brown beef and onions in saucepan. Drain.
- Combine all ingredients except tortilla chips and sour cream in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour stirring occasionally until cheese if fully melted.
- Serve warm (can be left in crockpot on low) with chips and sour cream.
Our plans changed because of the hurricane so I needed something quick and easy. I had frozen cooked taco filling in the freezer and used my homemade refried beans. I didn't add the onions and I cooked this on the stove. We all enjoyed this while watching the Nascar race and riding out the storm.
DH loved this! I used ground venison and followed the recipe. I topped some tortilla chips with the nacho dip and served with sour cream and cilantro. Well the cilantro was on my dish, DH doesn't care for cilantro too much. This is a simple recipe to put together and is really flavorful. Made for the PRMR tag game.