I came up with this because I had some fresh herbs on hand and wanted to make garlic bread. This is what I got! You can also use a teaspoon of each kind of dried herbs if you don't have fresh, but it won't be quite the same. Also, use whatever cheese you have on hand - this is just what I had. I hope you like it. Enjoy!
- 1 large loaf crusty bread
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I use half fat Hellmann's)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut bread in half horizontally. Open loaf.
- Mix mayo, butter, garlic, rosemary, basil,parsley, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix cheeses together in a bowl. Put half of the cheese mixture in the mayo mixture and stir.
- Spread half of the mayo mixture on each half of the loaf. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- I placed this over indirect heat in my BBQ for about 20 minutes, until heated through and the cheese was melted. I was cooking the steak on the other half of the BBQ so it was easy to keep an eye on it.
- You could bake this in the oven at 350F, but I didn't want to list how long you would bake it for because I didn't make it that way. I would guess 15 minutes.