1/4 Photos of Nif's Cheesy Fresh Herb and Garlic Bread
I came up with this because I had some fresh herbs on hand and wanted to make garlic bread. This is what I got! You can also use a teaspoon of each kind of dried herbs if you don't have fresh, but it won't be quite the same. Also, use whatever cheese you have on hand - this is just what I had. I hope you like it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large loaf crusty bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use half fat Hellmann's)
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cut bread in half horizontally. Open loaf.
- 2Mix mayo, butter, garlic, rosemary, basil,parsley, green onion, salt and pepper.
- 3Mix cheeses together in a bowl. Put half of the cheese mixture in the mayo mixture and stir.
- 4Spread half of the mayo mixture on each half of the loaf. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 5I placed this over indirect heat in my BBQ for about 20 minutes, until heated through and the cheese was melted. I was cooking the steak on the other half of the BBQ so it was easy to keep an eye on it.
- 6You could bake this in the oven at 350F, but I didn't want to list how long you would bake it for because I didn't make it that way. I would guess 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nif's Cheesy Fresh Herb and Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.1
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.9 g