Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandma used to make this when I was little and I LOVED it, no other could touch it, so I recreated it the way I think she made it and I think mine is better. This is a larger batch- because I am used to having to make extra for others.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces Italian cheese blend
- 8 slices American cheese
- 3 cups milk
- Boil pasta till half cooked(still firm).
- Drain and pou into lasagna glass casserole dish.
- whisk eggs and stir into pasta, also mix in butter.
- Add in all cheeses and pour in milk (Note: Milk must be at the top of pasta not over, so add more if needed) stir around good.
- Cook for 1 hour in 350 degree oven until it looks like it getting crispy on top.
Very cheesy and moist. I liked that it didn't dry out after baking. I made this just as written. It was enjoyed by all. I wouldn't hesitate to make this for a party/potluck. Thanx for sharing!
great dish, very easy !~
the pasta had a much more cheesey flavour the second day, so leftovers were delish. Makes a huge batch. Next time I may add less milk, as I found it was a bit soupy the first night. Overall great recipe.