Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Copy Cat Recipe. I received a ton from my mom.. Here's another...I haven't adusted anything :O) On some I had to guess on the time and servings if I haven't tried them.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen french fries
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked
- 24 fluid ounces peanut oil (Can be reused later, store in refrigerator)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Divide the fries into half, and use the other half later. Heat oil to 350 degrees. If you do not have a thermostat, make sure the oil is hot enough, so that when you set a French fry in there it will cook immediately. If the french fry sinks to the bottom, and barely bubbles, it is not hot enough. Fry the potatoes in small batches, they are done when they are golden brown, and float to the top of the skillet. I like to use a Dutch Oven). Be sure to drain the potatoes on paper towels. You can keep them warm in the oven while the other fries are done.
- When all French fries are done cooking, and drained place them onto a platter. Salt the french fries if you like, and sprinkle on cheese and cooked bacon. Pop these back into a warm oven until the cheese begins to melt.
- Directions for dipping sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
I love this recipe! :) I use the copycat recipe for Outbacks Ranch dressing for dipping sauce. It is recipe number 70823