Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another great 'after work' recipe I've found recently in the Chicago Tribune. The trib credits the 'Chef Kathleen's Cooking Thin Daybook' for this one.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 4 portions. Cut a slit into the sides of each portion. Insert a slice of prosciutto, a slice of cheese and 2 whole basil leaves into each slit. Secure well with a toothpick.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add the chicken. Reduce heat to medium; cook, turning once, until chicken is browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a baking pan.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Meanwhile, heat the broth, mustard and garlic to a boil in the same skillet over high heat; cook until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Stir in sliced basil; pour over chicken.