Hey Jude's Note:
This is another great 'after work' recipe I've found recently in the Chicago Tribune. The trib credits the 'Chef Kathleen's Cooking Thin Daybook' for this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 4 portions. Cut a slit into the sides of each portion. Insert a slice of prosciutto, a slice of cheese and 2 whole basil leaves into each slit. Secure well with a toothpick.
- 3Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add the chicken. Reduce heat to medium; cook, turning once, until chicken is browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer chicken to a baking pan.
- 5Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- 6Transfer to a platter.
- 7Meanwhile, heat the broth, mustard and garlic to a boil in the same skillet over high heat; cook until slightly thickened, 5 minutes. Stir in sliced basil; pour over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Stuffed Chicken With Prosciutto, Mozzarella and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 318.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: