1/2 Photos of Parmesan Penne
1 hr 45 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is browned; drain.
- 2Stir in tomato sauce, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, allspice, salt and pepper.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 5In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter.
- 6Stir in flour until smooth.
- 7Gradually add milk; bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 8Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Add eggs; whisk until smooth.
- 11In a bowl, combine pasta and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 12Melt remaining butter; add to pasta and toss to coat.
- 13Spread 1/3 of meat mixture in a greased 13x9 inch casserole dish.
- 14Layer with half of the pasta, 1/3 of meat mixture, and half of the white sauce; repeat.
- 15Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Penne
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.5
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 707.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 20.1 g