Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
These are a great appetizer for a party or open house. One of my favorites and so easy to make ahead.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 loaves miniature party rye rounds (small loaves, like Eckridge Farms)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown beef& sausage, drain.
- Stir in cheese and spices.
- Simmer until smooth.
- Put some of mixture on each slice of rye bread.
- Bake on a baking sheet until heated through.
- These can be frozen and stored until needed.
My mom's best friend used to make these for us all the time when I was in college. I was so happy to find this recipe here. They tasted as good as I remembered and are perfect party food. I made them a day ahead, put them in the freezer and then baked when ready to serve. So yummy. Thanks Mysterygirl :D
I made these the other day, they had always been a favorite of ours which I hadn't made it such a long time. I was browsing looking for something different to serve and came up on this recipe. Thanks for the great recipe, very good. These were enjoyed by all.
This was so easy & so good. I served these at a teen band party. I got many compliments on them. I really like that I can make these ahead of time, freeze them, and pull them out of the freezer while the oven is preheating. Thanks for posting.