Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are easy and delicious. The perfect finger food for showers, birthday parties or small impromtu gatherings.
- Brown sausage and ground beef.
- Chop in skillet till in fine pieces.
- Add tabasco and Velveeta cheese and mix until melted.
- Spread on the small party rye bread.
- Bake at 300 degrees until hot, usually 10-15 minutes.
- These are easy to prepare in advance.
- freeze then, when needed pop them into the oven for impromptu parties.
I've been making these for years, but instead of the hot sauce I use Worsteshire sauce and the Mexican Blend Velveeta (hot or mild). I freeze them on cooking sheets and then place in freezer bags. Bake frozen for 10 to 15 minutes. Great appetizer!
One of our favorites for gatherings. Easy to make, and quick to disappear. I omit the tobasco, and use regular sausage simply because we don't care Italian Sausage in anything.
I too have been making these for years. They are always a hit and I am consistantly asked for the recipe. REALLY EASY!!!! They are a great make ahead appetizer. I also add 2 T of Italian Seasoning.