Caryn Gale's Note:
On Passover, I am always looking for something to make for dinner besides potatoes, eggs, or chicken. My sister-in-law sent me a new Passover cookbook called "Let my People Eat" and this looks like a winner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, lightly beat 2 of the eggs and mix in the farfel or broken matzos.
- 3In a blender, beat the remaining egg with the milk, salt, and pepper.
- 4Grease or spray a 2 quart rectangular casserole.
- 5Place half the farfel mixture and half of the cheese in the casserole.
- 6Add half the sour cream, distributing evenly in dollops then half the butter in pieces.
- 7Make an identical layer on top.
- 8Pour the milk mixture over the top.
- 9Cover the casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
- 10Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes to brown on the top.
- 11Cut into squares and serve.
- 12I have got this out of a cookbook and plan to make it on Passover.
- 13I will probably mix all the cheeses into the farfel mixture pour the milk mixture over the top and bake.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Passover Farfeloni and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.2
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 237.5 mg
- Sodium 879.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 18.8 g