Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
On Passover, I am always looking for something to make for dinner besides potatoes, eggs, or chicken. My sister-in-law sent me a new Passover cookbook called "Let my People Eat" and this looks like a winner.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat 2 of the eggs and mix in the farfel or broken matzos.
- In a blender, beat the remaining egg with the milk, salt, and pepper.
- Grease or spray a 2 quart rectangular casserole.
- Place half the farfel mixture and half of the cheese in the casserole.
- Add half the sour cream, distributing evenly in dollops then half the butter in pieces.
- Make an identical layer on top.
- Pour the milk mixture over the top.
- Cover the casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes to brown on the top.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- I have got this out of a cookbook and plan to make it on Passover.
- I will probably mix all the cheeses into the farfel mixture pour the milk mixture over the top and bake.