Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a nice twist to a classic Roman dish that's traditionally made with spaghetti!
Make and share this Pasta Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pasta in pan of boiling salted water, with a little oil added, 6-8 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in frying pan & fry ham 3-4 minutes, then add mushrooms & fry another 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat & set aside, reserved.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs & cream together & season well with salt & pepper.
- When pasta is cooked, drain it well & return to pan, then add ham, mushrooms & any pan juices ~ Stri into pasta.
- Pour in eggs, cream & half the Parmesan cheese. Stir well, & as you do this, the eggs will cook in the heat of the pasta.
- Pile on warmed serving plates, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan & enjoy!
Super easy and wow was it good! I used bacon rather than ham, 2 eggs and I doubled the cheese. My husband said "you can make this any time you want to". That makes it a 10 star recipe in my world! Thanks for Posting!
Very easy and delicious. Was a huge hit with hubby last night, this is a keeper!
This is so quick and easy to make and tastes delicious!!! I did add a couple of cloves of garlic when cooking the mushrooms and just used some sliced deli ham I had in the fridge. I also added more cheese, we all love our Parmesan. Followed everything else as written and it made for a great pasta dish. My son is the biggest pasta lover in the house and he thought it was really good. I will definitely be keeping this one as a great after work fast meal that is filling and so tasty. I served ours with a nice green side salad and it was delicious. Cheers sydney for fab pasta recipe