From Bon Appetit with a couple small changes. The Brie coats the rigatoni like a creamy pasta sauce.
- 6 ounces rigatoni pasta (or other large pasta)
- 6 ounces brie cheese, rind removed, cut into about 1/2-inch chunks
- 7 -8 ounces halved grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup quartered pitted kalamata olive
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil leaf, chopped
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet *off heat*, place cheese cubes, tomatoes, olives, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Still off heat, stir to separate cheese pieces. Mix in chopped basil.
- Add hot pasta and 1/4 cup reserved pasta liquid to skillet with cheese mixture.
- Place over medium heat and toss until cheese is partially melted and sauce coats pasta, adding more reserved pasta liquid by tablespoonfuls if dry, about 4-5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt (if needed) and serve.