1/1 Photo of Pasta With Brie, Tomatoes, Olives, and Basil
From Bon Appetit with a couple small changes. The Brie coats the rigatoni like a creamy pasta sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces rigatoni pasta (or other large pasta)
- 6 ounces brie cheese, rind removed, cut into about 1/2-inch chunks
- 7 -8 ounces halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup quartered pitted kalamata olive
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaf, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet *off heat*, place cheese cubes, tomatoes, olives, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Still off heat, stir to separate cheese pieces. Mix in chopped basil.
- 3Add hot pasta and 1/4 cup reserved pasta liquid to skillet with cheese mixture.
- 4Place over medium heat and toss until cheese is partially melted and sauce coats pasta, adding more reserved pasta liquid by tablespoonfuls if dry, about 4-5 minutes.
- 5Season to taste with salt (if needed) and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Brie, Tomatoes, Olives, and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 455.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 20.8 g