Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm not crazy about reubens, but I like these appetizer sandwiches!
Make and share this Paula Deen's Mini Reubens recipe from Food.com.
- 48 slices rye cocktail bread (or white or pumpernickel)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup deli prepared mustard
- 2 lbs deli corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1 lb swiss cheese, sliced (cut to fit bread)
- 15 ounces sauerkraut, drained thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- For each sandwich, spread 1 slice bread with about 1/2 to 1 t mayonnaise and another with 1/2 to 1 t mustard.
- In each sandwich, layer slices of corned beef, cheese and 1/2 T sauerkraut, close the sandwich.
- Brush butter on the outside of the sandwiches and cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until golden on both sides.
- Wrap sandwiches in foil until guests arrive, then place on a plate and pass for hors d'oeuvres.
What a cute idea this is! I couldn't follow the directions exactly because I went to 2 grocers and couldn't find cocktail rye or pumpernickel - finally asked at the 2nd store, and they only carry it for the holidays. But I used regular-sized bread and the other ingredients as directed, and they were great. I usually put thousand-island dressing on reubens, and I think I still prefer that, but others loved the mustard so it's nice to have that variation now! I plan to try the cute appetizer-sized ones when I can get the bread, and I'll post a pic once I do.