1/3 Photos of Peach Ricotta Mini Loaves
I am a great fan of my mini loaf pans, and so adapted this recipe I found while watching the Sugar tv show to make mini loaves. So cute! (And perfect for passing along to friends and neighbours, too.) You'll notice the lack of spice; the idea is for the peach flavour to come through, but feel free to add some cinnamon or nutmeg if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (the creamy kind sold in a tub)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can peach slices, well drained (fresh peaches can also be used, see instructions for details)
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar (approximate measure)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F; spray 4 mini loaf pans with a light spray of nonstick cooking spray (or use 1 9x5 loaf pan, if you wish, but you'll need to bake the one loaf longer, likely about 50 minutes) and set aside.
- 2Sift, through a sieve, the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl; set aside.
- 3In another mixing bowl, blend together the brown sugar, ricotta, oil, eggs and vanilla; set aside.
- 4Open tin of peaches and drain very well; set aside 8 slices (which you will need to garnish top of loaves).
- 5Dice remaining peach slices to make one cup; if using fresh peaches, you will need one cup diced peaches (peel peaches first) plus the slices for garnish.
- 6If your diced peaches seem wet (they likely will), pat dry with paper towel.
- 7Add flour mixture to ricotta mixture all at once and stir just until flour is incorporated; do not overstir.
- 8Stir diced peaches into mixture.
- 9Divide mixture between the 4 mini loaf pans and smooth tops.
- 10Place two peach slices atop each, then sprinkle top of each with turbinado sugar, approximately 1/2 tsp per loaf pan.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a tester inserted in centre of loaves comes out clean.
- 12Let cool in pans for 20 minutes, then remove loaves from pans and let cool completely on a rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Ricotta Mini Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (969 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.0
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 667.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 72.0 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: