What could be more delicious than pasta , chicken and roasted asparagus, also very healthy and easy to make. The recipe comes courtesy of Mike Miller and the Home for Dinner catering service and KCRA TV.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 -5 sprigs rosemary
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- Put vinegar into a small saucepan and simmer until reduced to 3 tablespoons.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- (Mixture will be thick like syrup).
- Meanwhile, snap tough ends off the asparagus and discard.
- Cut spears into 1-inch pieces.
- Put asparagus on baking sheet with sprigs of rosemary and toss with olive oil,1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast in 400°F oven until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in medium saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and saute until cooked through.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just done.
- Drain pasta and immediately toss with the butter, (cut butter into pieces first) vinegar-sugar mixture, asparagus, chicken, parmesan cheese and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese.