1/1 Photo of Penne With Chicken and Roasted Asparagus
Barb Gertz's Note:
What could be more delicious than pasta , chicken and roasted asparagus, also very healthy and easy to make. The recipe comes courtesy of Mike Miller and the Home for Dinner catering service and KCRA TV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 -5 sprigs rosemary
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- 1Put vinegar into a small saucepan and simmer until reduced to 3 tablespoons.
- 2Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- 3(Mixture will be thick like syrup).
- 4Meanwhile, snap tough ends off the asparagus and discard.
- 5Cut spears into 1-inch pieces.
- 6Put asparagus on baking sheet with sprigs of rosemary and toss with olive oil,1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 7Roast in 400°F oven until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- 8Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in medium saute pan over medium-high heat.
- 9Add chicken and saute until cooked through.
- 10Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just done.
- 11Drain pasta and immediately toss with the butter, (cut butter into pieces first) vinegar-sugar mixture, asparagus, chicken, parmesan cheese and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 12Serve with additional parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Chicken and Roasted Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.0
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.9 mg
- Sodium 1311.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: