Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very tasty sandwich. Use good quality Italian bread or lovely homemade coarse textured type . I have also used french crusty rolls. Increase for as many sandwiches as you want.
- 2 slices bread, use a coarse textured like Italian style
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 slices thin tomatoes
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 ounce sliced cheese (your choice, conte is good)
- lettuce or other salad greens
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with a tbsp of pesto sauce.
- Layer on the tomato ham and cheese.
- Cover with the other slice of bread, cut& serve.
Great sandwich, I made this last night for supper, thank you for sharing.
Bergy, this sandwich was wonderful!!! I prepared it the night before and wrapped it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. It was perfect at lunch time the next day. The bread was not soggy and the flavors were marinated! This is an excellent sandwich for a lunch box or make ahead lunch!! Thank you for posting another wonderful recipe!