You *might* be able to tell from looking at my recipes that I really like grilled cheese sandwiches. It's true! I can't resist them and love trying new ones. This is a good one!
- In skillet, melt 2 t of the unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook about 6 minutes.
- Stir in horseradish.
- Remove mixture from skillet; wipe clean.
- Place 4 slices whole-grain white bread on work surface.
- Using remaining butter, coat 1 side of each bread slice.
- Turn 2 slices over; divide 1 ounce of the cheese, 2 ounces of the roast beef slices and mushrooms between slices.
- Top with 1 ounce of the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices, butter side up.
- In same covered skillet over medium heat, cook 4 minutes, turning once.
This was wonderful (and I didn't even add the roast beef, as I didn't have any). The mushrooms and cheese were a delicious pairing
Great grilled cheese...didn't make it on a panini grill...I don't have one. But it's great just grilled in the skillet. Made for Favorites of 2009 Cookbook Tag.
ohhhh!!! as a mushroom lover, a grilled cheese lover and a rare roast beef lover, these were da bomb! I subbed spicy grained mustard for the horseradish bc i didnt have the other.