Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the recipe from Food Network, Paula Deen's show. My mother made it and it is great. Even the kids liked it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour.
- Gradually stir in the cheese.
- Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended.
- Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
I am not allowed to show up for Thanksgiving dinner without this! Seriously. I have made several versions but adding the pineapple juice to the topping makes a big difference - this is the perfect one!
The best unique use for pineapple and cheese. The cheese does not melt like you would think and I believe it is due to the citric acid from the pineapple so the cheese almost has a crunch to it. I love this recipe. Have made it many times and will be doing so in the future! Thanks for sharing this one.
Giving this a 4-star, and here's why. The first few bites are definitely a 5. It's sweet and buttery and juicy, but that combination becomes cloying after the next few bites. You can't eat much of this without going into a sugar coma, but overall, it is very tasty.