This recipe is from Taste of Home's Light & and Tasty Holiday Recipes 2004. These are not very sweet, but are a refreshing change of pace from the usual holiday baked goods, fudges, and candies. If you prefer a sweeter treat be sure to add sugar or sugar substitute to the mixture before rolling. I know there are many of us here at Zaar looking for good holiday treats that work with our eating plans. One snowball is 2 points.
- When draining the pineapple, use a fine strainer to push as much juice out as possible. A reviewer has stated this makes the mixture a bit more firm and easier to work with.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in coconut.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.