Prep1 hr 30 mins
A healthier hearty pizza with a whole wheat crust made in bread machine.
Make and share this Portabella, Red Onion and Chevre Pizza (Whole Wheat Crust Abm) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water (more may be needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon chopped dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces chevre cheese, crumbled
- For crust:.
- Put ingredients into bread machine in order manufacturer calls for.
- Select dough cycle. (Knead and first rise only) Add more water, a teaspoon at a time, if needed, to make dough form a smooth ball.
- After machine finishes, remove dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface, to a circle, to fit 15" pizza pan. Spray pan and put crust on it. ( I have great success with Airbake Pizza Pan).
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbls. olive oil in skillet and saute onion and mushroom, with rosemary, until onions are soft. Stir in salt and pepper, and remove from heat and cool.
- Drain off liquid and save for use in soup or pasta sauce.
- To make pizza:.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush crust with remaining 2 tbls. oil. Spread mushrooms and onions over crust. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is deep brown and topping is bubbling hot.