Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I found this in a magazine, and plan to try it real soon-it looks so easy and tasty.
Make and share this Potato, Bacon & Blue Cheese Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g bacon, slices rind removed,cut into 1 cm slices
- 1 kg potato, washed,unpeeled and quartered
- 2 red onions, peeled,each cut into 6 wedges
- 100 g blue cheese, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 160 ml whipping cream
- 160 ml chicken stock
- Preheat your oven to 190c.
- Combine potatoes, onions, bacon and half the cheese in a bowl.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a oven proof baking dish-10 cup capacity-and sprinkle over the thyme.
- Whisk together the cream and stock, and pour over the potatoe mix.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 hour 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve at once.
Yum yum yum... I swear I will never make another potato bake again! The cheese is strong enough to make it unique tasting, but non-blue cheese eaters will never notice. I topped with normal low fat cheddar 10 minutes before it was finished and it was delicious. I also used normal onions, and did layers instead of combining in a bowl. The thyme was a nice touch, use lots of pepper! Thanks!
I love this the way a baby loves his bottle, the way an aloholic loves a bar, the way a gambler loves a casino...just sayin'! Made for Edn'8 A/NZ.