William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
An excellent potato/zucchini combination for the fritters. These are are also very good just for a snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large potato, peeled and grated
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (DO NOT PEEL)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped small
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Coarsely grate potato and zucchini.
- 2There should be 1 cup of grated potato and 2 cups of grated zucchini.
- 3In a mixing bowl, add grated potato, grated zucchini, onion, cornmeal, parsley, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and beaten eggs; mix well to blend.
- 4In a large frying pan, heat butter and oil to medium-high heat.
- 5Drop potato/zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls into the hot oil.
- 6Fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- 7Turn fritter over and fry for an additional 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and done.
- 8Add additional butter and oil if required for frying the remaining fritters.
- 9Serve with a dill dip or serve them just as they are.
- 10If too much liquid appears in the mixture, just transfer the mixture into a sieve and let drain.
- 11Continue to spoon the mixture to fry.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Zucchini Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 248.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g