1/2 Photos of Puff Pastry Toasted Sandwiches in Your Sandwich Maker!
My Zaar friend Kooka suggested making a toasted sandwich without the toast ! I got curious, played around with her idea and et Voila! she told me to post the recipe. Ok, healthy.. not really... yummy... sure is! Puff pastry here in the Netherlands is a pest to use in regular large pies becuase it comes in a box of 10 small individual squares. think jig-saw pieces then you want to make a large pie, and it usually takes me less time to make and roll my own... but my small ready made squares are PERFECT for this recipe.. if you are lucky enough to be able to buy ready made puff pastry in one big piece you will need to cut it up to fit. COMFORT FOOD... the fillings are as endless as peoples' personal taste.. but things that cook quick, yes? I used three Knackworstjes but the Zaar database doesn't recognise those so Smokies (mini knackworstjes) are the closest description I can get. In Honour of Kooka's idea I dedicate this to ZWT REGION: Australia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
variations for fillings
- 1Melt the butter and spread on the toasted sandwich maker inside top and bottom cooking plates.
- 2Cut thawed pastry to the same size that the bread would usually be and place one piece on the bottom of the sandwich maker top with grated cheese and extra fillings of your choice. Top with another piece of pastry.
- 3Repeat with the other side of the toasted sandwich maker to fill up the other side.
- 4Close the sandwich maker to seal the pastry together and enclose the filling.
- 5Cook until pastry is golden brown and cooked (about 10 minutes).
- 6Trim off any uncooked pastry (I had a little bit but it was only a thin sliver).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puff Pastry Toasted Sandwiches in Your Sandwich Maker!
Serving Size: 1 (899 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1202.3
- Calories from Fat 846
- Total Fat 94.0 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 215.1 mg
- Sodium 1692.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 30.2 g