1/8 Photos of Quick and Easy, Lightly Curried Cauliflower and Egg Cheese
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
A quick all-in-one sauce can be made in minutes, while croutons give the dish a delicious crunchy topping. From : The Inspired Vegetarian
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons whole meal flour
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup crouton
- 1Boil cauliflower and onion in enough salted water to cover, until they are just tender. (10 - 15 minutes) Be careful not to overcook. Drain well.
- 2Arrange the cauliflower and onion in a shallow ovenproof dish, and scatter over the chopped egg.
- 3Put the flour, curry powder and butter/margarine in a saucepan, and cook gently, stirring constantly, to a smooth paste. Add the milk gradually, stirring all the time, gradually bring to the boil, stirring well, until thickened and smooth.
- 4Stir in the thyme and seasoning and allow the sauce to simmer for a minute or two.
- 5Remove from the heat, and stir in about 3/4 of the cheese.
- 6Pour the sauce over the cauliflower, scatter over the croutons, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 7Brown under a hot grill until golden and serve. Delicious with thick crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy, Lightly Curried Cauliflower and Egg Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.9
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 167.8 mg
- Sodium 382.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 18.6 g