Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Welsh Rarebit dip from Nabisco and Rachael Ray, found on the back of a Ritz Cracker box. I'm putting it here for safe-keeping.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Ritz cracker
- Cook bacon until crisp. When cooled, crumble into bits and reserve.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and cook a minute BUT do not brown.
- Whisk in milk and cream.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer and cook until thickened.
- Stir in paprika, cayenne, mustard, Worcestershire and cheese until melted and creamy.
- Garnish with bacon bits and serve immediately with tomatoes and crackers for dipping.