Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make ....yummy to eat This is a sweet-hot pizza made with easy to prepare ingredients Enjoy :)
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canclassic pizza crusts
- 1⁄4 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce (or other favorite flavor)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped (from 7-oz. can)
- 1 (6 ounce) package grilled chicken breast strips, cubed
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly spray 13x9-inch pan with non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Unroll pizza crust dough in pan; press dough to edges of pan.
- In small bowl, mix preserves, barbecue sauce and chiles. Spread mixture evenly over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Top with chicken, onion and cheeses.
- Bake 12 to 20 minutes or until cheeses are melted and edges are deep golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
This was a great change of pace! I smoked a whole chicken breast on my Traeger grill/smoker for a couple of hours. I then doubled the sauce recipe as the pizza crust recipe I have makes two pies. I assembled the pizza and put it on the grill @ 450 for 12 minutes. I'll definitely make this again and add some green peppers, mushrooms, olives, and a little less preserves. Thanks Queen for a great new dinner tonight!
I LOVED this pizza. I used Starrynews' suggestion to use a tortilla as the crust and I cooked it on my panini maker's flat surface. The sweet/hot contrast between the raspberry preserves and the chipotle chiles was fabulous and the barbeque sauce pulled it all together. This went together quickly and is a fun change from traditional pizza. Made for Top Recipes of 2009 Tag game.
This is a GREAT blend of flavors... and such a delicious change of pace for pizza! We loved it. Since there were only two of us, I used a large tortilla for the crust. I used homemade barbecue sauce and grilled our own chicken. Since I already had the grill going, I threw the entire pizza on after the chicken was done and added, and I cooked it that way. I'm sure the oven method will be great during the winter - I'm just addicted to the grill now that we're finally getting nice weather again :) Thanks for sharing!!