1/6 Photos of Real Alfredo Sauce
Don't know where I originally got this, but this is the best alfredo sauce I have ever had outside of a restaurant. I have made it with or without the cream cheese, and with all Parmesan, and it still turns out great. The nutmeg is essential!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature (NOT low fat!)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 garlic cloves, grated (optional) or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- parsley sprig (for garnish)
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add cream and cream cheese, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- 3Stir in nutmeg, parmesan, romano cheese, and garlic.
- 4Stir constantly until melted completely.
- 5Salt to taste.
- 6Mix in egg yolks.
- 7Continue to simmer over medium low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 8Serve over pasta, garnished with additional grated cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.8
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 32.4 g
- Cholesterol 230.5 mg
- Sodium 567.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 13.6 g