Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fast and delish AND totally unlike any grilled corn you have ever had. Sweet corn on the cob, herbs and parmesan cheese- yes I said cheese!- take the ordinary to the extreme! You can use fresh corn but frozen is so much more convenient and can be better than fresh especially out of season.
- 4 ears corn on the cob, frozen or 4 ears corn on the cob, fresh, husked and cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, canned is ok
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried herbs, use what you like, I usually use the same herbs that I used in my main dish- thyme, tarragon, basil
- Remove frozen corn from package and grill until corn is hot and you have nice grill marks.
- Mix melted butter with remaining ingredients and spread all over hot corn. You can also roll corn in it, dip them or whatever method you choose to get them thoroughly coated with the yummy mixture.
- Sprinkle corn with added salt if you like.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip- If you like your corn REALLY sweet- soak the ears in warm sugar water for 15 minutes or more before grilling. I usually just put the corn in a container and add 1 cup sugar and then cover with water. REALLY sweetens the corn nicely- This method can be used on fresh or frozen.
A Delicious flavor - a great twist on traditional corn on the cob. ;) Thanks for another terrific flavorful and quick recipe that my family enjoys! **Made for Bevy tag 2008**
This was so good, and on the first fresh corn of the season! I used some chopped cilantro instead of dried herbs. Cheese on corn-who knew! :) Thanks for this keeper!
Really good for a change. Nice blend of flavors.