1/2 Photos of Really Different Grilled Corn on the Cob- Tex Mex Style
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Fast and delish AND totally unlike any grilled corn you have ever had. Sweet corn on the cob, herbs and parmesan cheese- yes I said cheese!- take the ordinary to the extreme! You can use fresh corn but frozen is so much more convenient and can be better than fresh especially out of season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ears corn on the cob, frozen or 4 ears corn on the cob, fresh, husked and cleaned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, canned is ok
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried herbs, use what you like, I usually use the same herbs that I used in my main dish- thyme, tarragon, basil
- 1Remove frozen corn from package and grill until corn is hot and you have nice grill marks.
- 2Mix melted butter with remaining ingredients and spread all over hot corn. You can also roll corn in it, dip them or whatever method you choose to get them thoroughly coated with the yummy mixture.
- 3Sprinkle corn with added salt if you like.
- 4Serve immediately.
- 5Tip- If you like your corn REALLY sweet- soak the ears in warm sugar water for 15 minutes or more before grilling. I usually just put the corn in a container and add 1 cup sugar and then cover with water. REALLY sweetens the corn nicely- This method can be used on fresh or frozen.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Different Grilled Corn on the Cob- Tex Mex Style
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 241.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: