Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I picked this up from our local paper along with a coupon to purchase Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce or Frank's Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce. I haven't made this yet but I'm saving it for the 4th! Of course you could use your fav hot or buffalo wing sauce.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup bleu cheese salad dressing (or any creamy type dressing)
- 1⁄2 cup frank's redhot buffalo wing sauce or 1⁄2 cup frank's original cayenne pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 oz) or 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 oz)
- 2 (9 3/4 ounce) cansswanson premium white chicken meat packed in water, drained (see NOTE)
- assorted fresh vegetables (or both) or cracker (or both)
- NOTE: You can substitute freshly cooked or leftover chicken for the canned chicken.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir cream cheese in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate until smooth.
- Stir in the dressing, wing sauce and blue cheese.
- Stir in chicken.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Stir before serving with veggies and/or crackers.
Delicious! I used fresh cooked chicken, ranch dressing, mozzarella cheese, and Frank's Buffalo wing sauce. It was flavorful with a great kick. Thanks for sharing! PARTY '11
I gave this recipe 4 stars. I'm updating my review. I'm so sorry I thought I updated my review a while back. When I made this dip I made it as directed. For my families taste this was way to spicy. Our mouths were on fire. After my review the poster of the recipe gave me a few suggestions to help cut the spicy flavor down a bit. She said try mixing up a new batch but leave out the hot sauce mix that in with orignal batch and see if that helped cut the heat. Sure did it worked like a charm. The poster suggested next time try making the dip with half the hot sauce which is what I plan to do next time. My original review was on Dec 31st , 2009. I wrote I hate to give this such as low star rating but this was way to spicy for my families taste. I followed the directions using shredded mozzarella and canned chicken. I must say when mixing this I was really worried about how soupy this was until I added the chicken then it thickened right up. Overall I'll make this again with the less spicy way. Thanks for posting a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)