Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Quick and easy lunch or light dinner.
Make and share this Reuben Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices rye bread
- Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces lean deli corned beef, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- butter or margarine, for frying
- Spread 1 slice of bread with mustard and the other with mayonnaise.
- Place Swiss cheese, beef& sauerkraut between the bread slices.
- Brown in melted butter in a skillet, on both sides and until cheese is melted.
Made it exactly as posted by the submitter. Easy! Excellent! I used to butter my bread and then grill it...I now realize why I wasnt getting that toasty/crunchy goodness of the deli! Melt the butter in the pan first and then add the bread..perfect! HINT: Make sure you are using a hearty rye bread with the seeds (not just bread made with rye flour); its the caraway that makes you want to do a riverdance after eating this sandwich! Thanks Little Turtle for a great sammie!! Happy Pattys Day!
Wonderful! These can easily be made in a Panini maker. I always use mayo and Dijon on my Reubens. We do not care for the traditional Thousand Island Dressing~ too sweet. These sandwiches are sensational,littleturtle! Thank you for sharing : )
This is good -- didn't have 1000 Island dressing that I usually put on Reuben's so the Dijon and Mayo was a nice substitution. And the toastiness of the bread gave it a little extra something. Thanks for sharing! :)