1/3 Photos of Roast Balsamic Beetroot With Walnut Crusted Hot Goat's Cheese
French Tart's Note:
A wonderful combination of roasted beetroot in a balsamic, garlic and olive oil dressing, served with melted walnut crusted goat's cheese and a side salad of baby salad leaves. I made this recipe up for a light lunch for B and B guests one day; they loved it so much, that I decided to put it on the menu! I have made it for us many times since then, and it's a real winner for anytime of the year. I have suggested baby salad leaves and herbs for the salad - I used spinach, rocket, red oak leaf lettuce and watercress in my salad in the photos. I also prefer to use red onions in this recipe. You use pre-cooked beetroot for ease in this recipe, and the roasting time is quite short.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large cooked beetroot, sliced in to rounds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices goat's cheese (4 large slices or 8 small slices)
- 2 ounces walnuts, broken in to small pieces
- 4 slices baguette (About 1-inch thick) or 4 slices French bread (About 1-inch thick)
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced in to rings
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- assorted baby salad leaves
- 1Pre-heat the grill (broiler) to its highest setting.
- 2Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and crushed garlic together, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- 3Place the beetroot in a grilling or roasting pan/tray. Drizzle the dressing over the sliced beetroot and place under the grill until it is tinged brown around the edges and the dressing is bubbling and hot.
- 4( If you have your oven on already, you can oven roast the beetroot in a hot oven for about 3 - 5 minutes.).
- 5Arrange the beetroot on a large plate with the baby salad leaves to one side.
- 6Place the baguette under the grill and toast ONE side of the bread.
- 7Place the goat's cheese slices on the UNTOASTED side of the baguette. Press the walnut pieces into the goat's cheese and season with salt and pepper. Place under the grill and cook until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
- 8Place the toasted walnut and goat's cheese croute on to the plate with the beetroot and salad leaves, and drizzle the hot dressing over the cheese and beetroot.
- 9Serve with additional salad dressing for the salad leaves and crusty bread.
- 10Serves 2 to 4 people, as an appetiser or a light luncheon dish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Balsamic Beetroot With Walnut Crusted Hot Goat's Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.4
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 687.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: