1/1 Photo of Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
1 hr 15 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
I really like the combination of the beets and goat cheese in this salad. If your in a rush, canned or jarred "un-pickled" sliced beets work well here too, if you don't have time to roast fresh ones. Also, this salad works well with your favorite bottled vinaigrette, if you'd rather not make it from scratch. Cook time is beet roasting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large beets, unpeeled
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce or 2 cups green lettuce leaves, washed and torn into bit size pieces
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
For the Vinaigrette
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Wrap beets in aluminum foil, and roast until tender, about 1 hour.
- 3Let the beets cool a bit, and then peel the skins while they are still a bit warm.
- 4Using a mandoline, or very sharp knife, cut beets into paper thin slices.
- 5For the vinaigrette, place all the ingredients into a bowl or blender, and whisk or blend until well combined.
- 6Toss the beets with half of the vinaigrette.
- 7Toss the greens with the remaining vinaigrette.
- 8Arrange the greens on a serving plate or bowl, and top with the beet slices.
- 9Crumble the goat cheese over top the salad, and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.7
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: