Roasting the cauliflower first with olive oil, salt and pepper, then topping it with a wonderful gruyere cheese sauce gives this side dish wonderful flavor. Delicious!
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower florets, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Near the end of roasting time, in medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, whisk in flour until blended and slightly browned.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in cheese until melted and well blended.
- Place cauliflower on serving platter and spoon sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley for garnish.